CafeMom Tickers

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sleep Problem



Lately, I've been worried that my dear bab
y J won't be able to sleep on his own when his weight reached the recommended limits (FYI he has been sleeping in a hammock lately). :( I've have to prepare him early so that he would be able to adapt to the new changes in his sleeping pattern and before it has becomes a habit. Hammock for me is just a short-term solution to his sleeping problem.

I've heard many of my mommy-friends said they didn't have any problem making baby to sleep at night nor in the afternoon. What a surprise..! Bear in mind that many of my friends either has an experienced mother/mil or a babysitter but I don't have either one with me to advise me on the baby matter. >_<'

(I also wonder why in my life those people who are around me seldom give me "sound" advise... all rubbish!!!... but they are good at talking non-sense. If you asked me who do I refer to when I need advise, I couldn't think of a person who are around me who could do that... -_- ) **Sigh**

Baby J is now 6+ months old... soon he will have to be sleeping without the help of hammock. I've tried to make him sleep on his own without the hammock when we were in Singapore, but he only sleep max 30 mins in a nap!?? And, the process of making him to sleep is quite tiring... mostly baby J still needs us around to make him sleep. Not quite sure if this is normal for other kids but I think our baby J is a bit hard to fall asleep on his own unless he is very very very sleep then he will just doze off.

Other time, he will rub his eyes till red and fuss for quite some time... which is very frustrating and I think is not very healthy to cry till you sleep because then when he wakes up, he will either cry or in a shocked condition.

Whereas, when he sleep in hammock, mostly he will wakes up happy and contented. He looks like he has rested and energised.

So, now my main concerns are as below:

1. Will he be able to nap longer (I'm talking about 5 hours of nap time here) when put to sleep on his bed?

2. How to make him soothe himself to sleep whenever he is tired or sleepy? Bear in mind this will be done without the help of pacifier.

3. How long it takes for him to fall asleep?

4. How quickly he will adapt to the new sleeping method?

5. Will he be able to sleep on his own? Need to crack my head on finding the best solutions for both mummy/daddy vs. baby J here!

Any advise?









No comments: