CafeMom Tickers

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Wacky People, Wacky Ideas



If you follow this blog, you know how I love to see anything related to wedding (I love to see how detailed and how natural the whole settings are... this tells whether the couple have their own taste & style - it's all about fashion sense!).


Recently, I went to a friend's wedding receptions. As usual the first thing I will observe was their theme colour! Oh my... I must say that orange isn't a colour for everyone especially if they don't put it right with the flowers and the ballroom settings and etc. It will easily spoil the "feel" of the theme & makes the whole event looks like an Indian wedding but the actual fact was it is not an Indian wedding (a bit confuse now anyway....). I've seen orange colour wedding before and it was refreshing and soothing to the eyes, all were well match with the theme and the whole concept of the wedding. May be their wedding is around the month where Halloween is also celebrated, that's why they tried to bring that in to their wedding theme. *awful still*

Secondly, those flowers deco! Oh my!... please put it away somewhere (like in the storeroom maybe)... This is a modern wedding how come the flora arrangements were so ancient??? I feel like I just walked backwards... back to the past, like before the millennium.

Third thing I will observed is the groom. I must say, have you got not enough money to buy material that big enough to suit your size?? The groom looked like he has outgrown the suit he is wearing... and the tie (again)! It too small for his size and the colour... looks ugly on him (frankly). It looks childish.

Fourth, is the backdrop. Well I must say, nowadays compare to my time, there wasn't any suppliers around in the market which publish their work in the ads. The font is ok but the deco is a bit too much... it makes the backdrop over crowded and not elegant. Childish again I must say.

Moving on to the fifth item would be the bride! Yes, my fave. As always in a wedding, the bride will shine above the rest. I must say with the whole theme and decorations, the bride does not blend in to her wedding theme. She wants to look elegant but her theme is fun and childish??? So this was also a mistake... it doesn't blend in at all.

Sixth, the bride & groom showtime! This to me the MOST important part of the wedding! The is the gist of the fruit where people will go... "yeah, it's so romantic" or they will just take it as "it's another bollywood movie which seen on TV" (meaning they did put up a good act... though they are doing lots of rehearsal but still doesn't look natural in the end). *** shaking my head*** Well, I have to say it doesn't look natural at all especially when the groom & bride give their wedding vows, and the singing which the bride sit there on the stage and watch (???). Is this not a movie drama or what??? And the worst is the groom actually sang out of tune and the bride looks like she is enjoying (with a fake smiling face) his singing!??? So FAKE!

In fact, I couldn't emphasis enough, don't make it too perfect the wedding itinerary. It will turn out to be a Bollywood movie in the end! Have you seen bollywood movie to have any flaws? It would give a bad impression to the guests that they were just merely "acting" on the stage. Further more, no one would want to see that in a weeding and also people will feel irk deep down inside! :O

Seventh, the wedding photos. Well, I must say... they did put a lot of effort in going to Bali for their photo shoot but it turn out to be more like a religious photos than a wedding photos! You know those spooky & religious place in Indonesia... old and ancient. Not quite sure what happened at the place before... :S It doesn't looks like a romantic wedding photos at all! It was more like a holiday photos which was fun and crazy ones!

So I guess these were my top seven wedding no-no ideas!













No comments: