CafeMom Tickers

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

My Honeymoon Gateaway



Waaaahh...!! I'm so thrilled that we finally decided to go for our honeymoooon to... JAPAN! Nine more days to go and we'll be flying off to our dreamt honeymoon destination. My keke was also very excited as we booked our tour and paid our money to the agent today. He has been laughing non-stop since. :) We've been dreaming of going for our honeymoon since our wedding day... but then we have been very busy with our work... and now, very soon our dream will be realised!!

I'm not sure about my keke but I've been dreaming to go to Japan since I was in collage when I studied International Business. Japan's culture and it's people really amazed me. Though we are the same skin colour, same eyes, and hair colour but they are much more advance than us and they think ahead so far away.

Here are some info. about my dream destination (Japan) can be found here:- http://www.japan-guide.com/

The season in Japan around this time should be spring and it is the season of Cherry Blossom time!! :D FYI, The cherry blossoms usually bloom for only about a week after full-bloom. The small, round shape flowers flutter to the ground gracefully and the blossoms are said to be the most beautiful at their final stage. For many Japanese people, the blooming of the cherry trees symbolize human life, transience and nobleness. They celebrate and cherish their beauty while it lasts. The first day of blooming (kaika) in Tokyo this season was 20 March, and in Kyoto was 25 March. They said the sakura flowers will last for about one week after from the day of first bloom (as per picture below).

Hopefully we will be able to catch some of the spectacular view of the sakura flowers blooming in Japan now... Our tour will last for 7 days and I really hope my keke and I could enjoy our very best during this time. As the cliche goes - When you work, work hard and when you play, you have to play hard too! :)

Here are some highlights of our tour:
- full day in Tokyo Disneyland & Osaka Universal Studio
- soak in the traditional Japanese Hot Spring bath at Fuji Hokone hotel (where the volcano errupted 3000 yrs ago)
- visits some of the temple and shrine around Tokyo and Kyoto
- shopping in Tokyo, Osaka & Kyoto
- Shinkansen ride (bullet train ride) for approx. 12 min
- go up to Mt. Fuji in cable car
- visit Toyota city

Can't wait to have fun with my keke... Looking "eagerly" forward to our honeymoon... Japan wait for us yarr~!


No comments: