CafeMom Tickers

Friday, March 06, 2009

Prayers to overcome Infertality


I know this is not just me having the problem but my hubby too are having the same problem. I hope we could look up to these words of prayers and start praying from our heart from time to time. ~ Love,Your wifey.

Finding peace and renewed hope through prayer.
For many couples, getting pregnant and preparing to welcome a child into the world is a joyous experience. But if you are among the the millions who struggle with infertility, you might find yourself instead in a dizzying monthly cycle of careful planning, nervous anticipation, and wrenching disappointment at not having conceived. Prayer can be a refuge as you navigate the complex world of fertility treatments and cope with the stress and depression that often accompany the journey through infertility. Let the healing power of these 10 prayers soothe your worried mind, strengthen your faith, and renew your hope.

Thank you, Lord, for all the blessings in my life. Help me to remember them as I face the challenges of infertility. I pray that I can surrender myself into your hands. Let me accept the reality of this situation and have the wisdom and courage to take action where I can. Strengthen my body, mind and spirit to endure the trials of infertility. Keep me ever mindful of the needs of others and grant us your peace. Amen.

Dear Lord, the pain of infertility is so deep. All of our lives, we dream of being mothers, of raising children with loving hearts to do your will on this earth. Month after month when that dream does not come true, it so painful, Lord. We feel like our dreams die each month with empty arms. Please guide us to trust in your plan for us. We desperately need you in our lives. Thank you for all the blessings we do have, knowing through you all things are possible. Amen.

Good St. Gerard, powerful intercessor before the throne of God, wonder-worker of our day, we call upon you and seek your aid. You know that this marriage has not as yet been blessed with a child and how much [husband's name] and [wife's name] desire this gift. Please present these fervent pleas to the Creator of life from whom all parenthood proceeds and beseech Him to bless this couple with a child whom they may raise as His child and heir of heaven. Amen.

Great Goddess, Empress Earth,I pray you, help me to be fertileI pray you, help me to be fruitfulI pray you, help me to conceive a healthy childI ask this with all of my heartI ask this with my body and soulI ask this in the Lady's nameSo be it! Blessed be!

Source: "Goddess Bless" © 2002 Sirona Knight. Reprinted with permission of Red wheel/weiser.

Our Father, who art in Heaven with me, Thy name be hallowed within my child. Thy Kingdom come into my womb, Thy Will be done in my child's growth, As it is done in Thy angelic heaven. Give my child its daily spiritual food, Forgive today its Soul's past trespasses, And lead its Soul to forgive those whoTrespassed against it on other planes. And deliver it safely into our world.

Source: Quoted in "Parenting Begins Before Conception" by Carista Luminare-Rosen And she made this vow:

'O Lord of Hosts, if You will look upon the suffering of Your maidservant and will remember me and not forget Your maidservant, and if You will grant Your maidservant a male child, I will dedicate him to the Lord for all the days of his life.' Source: 1 Samuel 1:11

Lord, Give me Strength...
--To keep my cool when another period starts.
--To keep my chin up when a co-worker announces her pregnancy.
--To have a good relationship with my friend in spite of her ability to conceive easily and not be jealous of her.
--To endure my hubby lazyness and ignorant to good health
--To keep from crying when I see children begging on the roads.
--To forgive my doctor when he keeps me waiting for two hours for a consultation - and then eat his bitter medicine together with painful injection to my spine
--To make the right decision about treatment.
--To maintain a good relationship with my husband in spite of all this.

Source:
FertilityCommunity.com

In You, God, our ancestors trusted, In You they trusted, and You answered them. We will trust in God, for God's goodness is never-ending; God's mercy is without bounds.We will trust in God, for God is our help and our shield. May the God who made heaven and earth, hear our plea and grant us a child.

Source: RitualWell.org. Based on verses from Song of Songs and Psalm 22. Excerpted from "Lifecycles Vol. 1: Jewish Women on Life Passages and Personal Milestones" (c) 1994 Edited by Debra Orenstein (Woodstock, VT: Jewish Lights Publishing).

Into the hands of others, I commend my body,into the minds of others, I deliver my trust.I remember my love and my desire.May they consider my being,may we all bring life.

Source: RitualWell.org. Printed in Motherprayer: The Pregnant Woman's Spiritual Companion by Tikva Frymer-Kensky (New York: Riverhead Books, 1995).






No comments: