CafeMom Tickers

Monday, February 21, 2011

J is ONE !


Geez... Can't believe how fast time flies... J is hitting the big number ONE this month! Today (finally!) we decided to celebrated our baby boy's 1st birthday bash with our dear friends.

I never thought that baby J will sleep for more than an hour and when I went into his room, he was still sounds asleep (snoring away peacefully) in his dreamland... how could I ever want to disturb him and wake him from his peaceful sleep (???). I do struggle as daddy kept calling me through my hp to wake baby J from his sleep... He urges that we need to get to the event on time before the guests arrived!

I was thinking why worried so much... let the guests enjoy themselves as it was a casual lunch and/or party... DUH! Don't really understand why sometimes daddy could be very stressed up on small matters like this??? So I went in a few times into the room and still couldn't managed to wake him up from his peaceful sleep... baby J sleep like a baby...! He is sooo sweet!

By the time it is 11.20 a.m. I tried to stop the music but still baby J continues his sleep peacefully... then 5 mins later, I went in again... this time I tried to stop the hammock from rocking (this is what daddy suggested... I'm so sorry dear..), immediately baby J opens his eyes and look at me with his sleepy eyes... it melts my heart to see those eyes when he first wakes up from his sleep. Then, we hurriedly feed him and bathe him and get ready to go to his party.

All in all, we had a wonderful time with our friends and I have to say baby J was behaving very well today! He didn't even fuss about eating nor drinking for 3 hrs long!!! >_<>Happy Birthday, my sweet little angel boy!

Sigh. Sometimes, I feel like my heart will burst from the tug-of-war between enjoying the present and clinging to the past. Being a mom is so emotionally exhausting.


No comments: