CafeMom Tickers

Thursday, February 03, 2011

J 1st Birthday Bash


Sorry for the long silence.... It feels good to be back! And no, I did not go for a vacation... Not even a short trip. Let me update you what I've been busy doing for the past few weeks... I was busy planning for J's 1st birthday party!! :D Thank goodness it was all over now. I'm just glad that things are back to normal again! :D

I have to say I'm not a good planner especially for party!!!! That's why I urge my hubby to get a event planner for me and it turns out it was even WORST! Who says that event planner suppose to give you more space to relax and they are more professional in planning and/or setting up the event??? I wonder.... It's not the case for me.... :(

I guess, after this I don't think I would hire an event planner for any of the party that I do. It was a pain!!! Or should I say SHE was a pain!!! There are reasons why I say so....

1. she is a beginner... and she told me that she is a professional (??) *my ass* My event don't even look "jaw dropping" when I see it... it was just "Oh OK" all the balloons were up... nothing special! You and I can do it even better than her!

2. She mess up my party invitations with the printing lady... >___< I end up paying more and didn't get the things that I wanted... i.e. the pinwheels & e-invitation

3. The dessert table set-up was lousy! I have to re-arrange the goodie bags & cupcakes on the table to look presentable... what was she thinking???! Or she didn't use her brain but mostly the mouth... I just can hear her talking all the times!!!

FYI, I was planning this 2 months early and had hired a planner but still disaster happened!!! What can I say?! As the saying goes, "you can only plan but GOD is the one who decide what is going to happen with you!" This is SO true!!!! I have to admit for the 2nd time!! >___< ''

Overall, I think the most successful of all my planning was the cake & balloon... Yeah, even she is late to deliver the cake to the event at least her cake is worth my money & the balloons ppl didn't mess up the timing... Hubby managed to collect the balloons early. And if not because of the LIPAS, I think the 3rd most successful would be the restaurant services.

Let's just hope the photos turn out good as I haven't seen it yet until now..... keeping my fingers crossed on this!!! And am still waiting patiently to hear from my photographer.










No comments: