CafeMom Tickers

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Contemplate


I've been thinking a lot lately about the legacy I want to leave with my children. What will they say when someone asks them what they loved about their childhood? What smells, sounds and sites will remind them of home? What values, and work ethic do I want to instill in them, and more importantly, how am I going to do it?

For me, these thoughts are incentive to create lasting family rituals, and continue the ones we have already established--- to at least have a meal together in a day (family dinner is essential), family days on weekends and public holidays, an appreciation and love for the outdoors especially morning walks, reading a story book together, singing, go to church every Sunday, and home cook meals... :o)







No comments: