CafeMom Tickers

Friday, June 11, 2010

Inspiring Friday




This afternoon while my little baby was napping away, I had a quick, short break-time in between before he wakes up again (these few days he has been catnapping). I quickly run through a few blogs and I found this amazing blog which inspired me today ( it was written by a blogger whom also a new mum). I couldn't agreed more to what she said in her blog about the "new" methods parents today should take in order to bring up a healthy child.

I love this phrase which is also my greatest inspirations for today as new parents! -
“They will not endure life today, but we should equip them to thrive.”

And as parents, we should build bridges that they can hear the weight of truth for us to speak to them.

Another important nugget that I took from her with me is that despite the busy day, there are some natural activities that we can use to mentor our kids.

Check out the different roles that we can play with them:

1. At Meal Time – We can play the role of a teacher. we talk about the day and we try to make sense of it to them.

2. At Travel Time – We play the role of a friend. We talk to them about life.

3, At Bed Time – We play the role of a counselor. We discuss “heart issues” and play with them.

4. At Morning Time – We play the role of a coach. We motivate them to face the new day.

Personally, I feel that these nuggets are a great help. It keeps me aware of the the different roles that I can play consistently in the Children’s lives.

Hopefully, I can be consistent enough to raise up great kids!







No comments: