CafeMom Tickers

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

We've Launched

Hey y'all !

Ta-daaa....!!! Finally, finally, finally..... my official production finally out and to-be-seen in public! :) Hope y'all will like it!

The above picture was taken pretty recently by my dear self (heheh). It was part of my 2008 flowers collections which I've been shooting using my new camera (of course!). Among all the flowers, I applaued my neighbour who successfully planted this rare and difficult to grow flower namely the Hydrangea (!). It bloomed just beautifully in her garden and everytime I passed by her house I'll stopby for a few second just to adore the prettiness of this rare flowers and it's pretty colours.

The name hydrangea means "water barrel", and refers to the extensive thirstiness of these plants. The more water they drink, the larger their blooms are. Hydrangeas are a genus of 76 species of plants, ranging natively from Asia and the Americas.

Hydrangeas range in color from blue to pink to white. The pH of the soil determines the color of the flowers, with colors ranging from purples and pinks (alkaline) to pale ivory (neutral) to blue (acidic). Shown at left is an antique green hydrangea, one of the more popular colors on the market.

Hydrangeas today are very popular flowers in both everyday and event work. Their distinctive round fluffy heads give arrangements a soft, classic look. A vase of white hydrangeas bears a strong resemblance to an arrangement of clouds, so there's no surprise the most stylish arrangements and wedding bouquets usually feature hydrangeas. (Much of this information was provided by Transflora)

Happy viewing!



No comments: