CafeMom Tickers

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

The Joy of Giving


Recently, my hubby and I have been thinking about buying a bigger fridge since my mum said that my old fridge (still back then it's called National) is too small to store anything (can only fit a small size bird in the freezer section I think). I have to agreed with her because when we bought this old fridge it was just for the two of us and now we are expecting a third member into our family & I think we should get at least a bigger ones so that more food could be kept in the cold storage.

Since then, we have been scouting for a new but not-so-big-size fridge... To our joy, during the last year Dec sale, we were lucky to hv found the fridge that we want (not too big nor small... just nice) and with more discounts!!! :D Well, like always, without further-ado hubby said let's get this fridge now! And that's when we bought a new 2-doors fridge (now new name called Panasonic) into out home. However, we had one problem back in our kitchen... what are we going to do with the old fridge since there's no trade in from the store and our house is not big enough to fit in another box of machine??!?

So, I decided to give it away to my granny as I remembered that my mum told me that my granny's fridge is tearing and wearing out but she is still using it (!??). It is not as cold as it should be and the food which is stored inside is not really fresh. Then, I decided to asked my uncle to come and pick the fridge from me to deliver it to my granny... who knows what happens later... the next thing I know after a few weeks later, when I visited my grandma recently, I still see the old fridge standing on the exact location as before in her kitchen but my fridge that I gave her were no where to be found. Then only I found out from my mom, my uncle had brought the fridge back to his own house for his own use. What an Ass H***!!! :<>

Nevertheless, it will not stop us from giving... Recently, hubby and I decided to donate an amount of money to charity (the homeless children association) in conjunction to his birthday and baby's goodwill. I feel good that we can finally able to do at least something for the society especially the homeless children which were abandon by their parents. I wish them all the best in their study and life.


No comments: